Thank you for your interest in summer housing. We are excited that you will consider spending your summer in Cleveland and at Case Western Reserve University!
To be eligible to live in university summer student housing, you must be a Case Western Reserve undergraduate student registered for one of the following sessions: spring, summer, or fall 2019. (You do not have to be registered for summer classes.) May 2019 graduates are eligible for summer housing.
Occupancy is available for the entire summer, or for one of the summer class sessions:
- May term: May 10 - June 2
- 4-week session (1): June 1 -June 30
- 5-week session: June 1- July 7
- 8-week session: June 1 -July 31
- 5-week + 4-week session: June 1 - August 4
- 6-week session: June 15 -July 31
- 4-week session (2): July 6 - August 4
- Entire summer: May 26 - August 4
University undergraduate students interested in short-term housing (other than the summer sessions listed above) should contact the Office of University Housing at 216.368.3780 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss their summer housing options.
Accommodations will be available for all students in the North Residential Village:
- Cutler House- double room, single room, and large single (double as a single)
- Stephanie Tubbs Jones Hall - 1-4 bedroom apartments (the townhouses will not be available for summer housing)
Summer Meal Plan
Students will be able to sign up for a summer meal plan in conjunction with University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center Atrium Cafe and Einstein Bros. Bagels. View more information about the Summer Meal Plan.
Application and Assignment Process
Applicants must select the period of occupancy, including any transition periods, and accept the summer residence hall agreement when the application is completed. Building and roommate preferences also can be submitted, though Housing cannot guarantee that all requests can be fulfilled.
For students whose fall assignment is in a summer housing building, Housing will attempt to use the same room for the summer assignment wherever possible.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the summer. We will be making assignments starting the week of April 22. If you have a specific room type or roommate preference please submit your housing application by Sunday, April 21. Students requesting the 6 week or 4 week (#2) housing session may be notified of their assignment approximately 2 weeks before that session begins.
Students will be able to submit summer housing roommate requests online at MyHousing. Guidelines for roommate requests are as follows:
- Create your roommate group by entering in each person's summer housing application number and authorization code.
- Your roommate request can contain two to eight individuals.
- You are not guaranteed to be the only individuals living in your room/suite/apartment.
- Housing reserves the right to fill the open spaces in your room/suite/apartment.
- Coeducational groups must completely fill the apartment.
Summer housing assignments will be made based upon lifestyle characteristics and building preferences listed on the housing application, and roommate requests submitted online. Students will be notified of their summer housing assignment towards the end of April. If you have specific roommate preferences please submit your application by Sunday, April 21.
I Would Like to Live On Campus for Summer 2019 and...
- I will be living on campus for the entire summer
- I will be living on campus for a specific summer session
Nursing Students - Spring and Fall Intensive Course
Nursing students will receive specific emails from University Housing regarding the process for housing and room rates.