All Case Western Reserve University students who are enrolled in one or more credit hours are required to have health insurance during their time at CWRU. You are automatically enrolled in CWRU's Student Medical Plan and the fee placed on your tuition account. However, if you currently have health insurance coverage comparable to the Student Medical Plan, you may elect to waive this fee.
Effective for the fall semester of 2016, students who waive the CWRU Student Medical Plan fee will be waiving for the full academic year, as opposed to being required to waive two times during the academic year; in the fall and , again, in the spring.
CWRU Student Medical Plan
The CWRU Student Medical Plan provides comprehensive coverage for students. The fee for the 2019/2020 Plan year is $1165 per semester.
- View more detailed information about the plan.
Does Your Plan Offer Comparable Coverage?
Students will need to be prepared to respond to several questions regarding their current medical coverage which will certify that the coverage is comparable and they are eligible to waive CWRU's Student Medical Plan.
Waiving the Student Medical Plan
CWRU students can waive the Student Medical Plan on the Student Information System (SIS) by following these steps:
- First, log in to SIS (Student Information System)
- From the Student Home screen, click on the Finances tile.
- Next, click on the Waive Optional Fees tile. The Waive Optional Fees screen will appear.
- To waive the medical plan fee, click the waive button and respond to the questions regarding your current medical coverage.
Students from CIA and CIM must submit a waiver form to their individual school.