Collegiate Recovery House

The Collegiate Recovery House at Case Western Reserve University is a voluntary program offered by University Health & Counseling Services. It is available to those admitted and currently enrolled in undergraduate, graduate and professional schools of CWRU, The Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine (CCLCM), The Cleveland Institute of Art (CIA), The Cleveland Institute of Music (CIM), and Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine (KSUCPM).

The Recovery House provides students in recovery from substance use disorders and process addictions with:

  • Social support and fellowship with other students who are in recovery.
  • Referrals to specialized services such as individual counseling, tutoring and financial aid.
  • Weekly family-style meal.
  • Ongoing clinical support and case management with UH&CS's Substance Abuse Specialist.
  • A safe, supportive environment conducive to recovery.
  • Housing within walking distance of CWRU, CIA and CIM. Near public transportation and with resident parking lot on site.

Recovery House is located on Murray Hill Road immediately adjacent to CWRU classrooms, labs and University Circle institutions. It is a two-unit, fully furnished apartment-house with single and double bedrooms. All utilities, internet-cable and parking are included in the housing lease. Undergraduate students may choose to have a meal plan options or waive the meal plan since the house includes two full kitchens. Undergraduate students with financial aid are eligible for 'on campus aid' benefits. Undergraduate applicants select the Recovery House option on the University Housing website and all interested students complete the Recovery House application.

The staff of the University Counseling Service assists residents with their personal recovery plans and helps students connect with campus and community groups and services. The Recovery House is a cooperative living facility for students in recovery from addictive substances and behaviors. It is not a treatment facility or halfway house; it is for students who have an interest in, and commitment to healthy living and cooperative living. For details, see the Recovery House application.

Recovery House is a program offered through University Health & Counseling Services (UHCS).

For more information, contact 216.368.5872 or email