Once your test accommodation requests have been reviewed and approved by Disability Resources (DR), log in to Accessibility Information Management (AIM) to schedule your exams and quizzes for the semester.
If your exam is being administered by your faculty, then you do not need to put an appointment in AIM.
You can still request to take your exam in one of our testing rooms, regardless of how it is being monitored. Just put an appointment in AIM.
To access this feature, click on the 'Alternative Testing' link on the left sidebar of your AIM home screen. This page allows you to schedule exams as well as view any previously scheduled exams.
While the directions to schedule your exams and quizzes on AIM are user-friendly, the Office of Accommodated Services and Testing staff is happy to assist you the first time that you try out the process. Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a 15 minute informational Zoom meeting sometime Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for assistance.
Using the drop-down box, select the course for which you are scheduling your exam or quiz. Select the 'Schedule an Exam' button (directly below the drop-down box) to move to the testing detail screen.
On the testing detail screen, enter the specifics of the exam or quiz you are scheduling.
- If the drop down is showing the Faculty Authorization Form is not complete, you can still schedule an exam, as long as it the request is being made five business days in advance. Contact us if there is an issue.
- If the exam date is not within that time frame, immediately send an email to email@example.com and ask an OATS staff member to assist with this request.
- If your exam request is within the three business days, the LATE request screen will pop-up. Answer the few questions about your late request and then select submit. Our staff will then approve your request.
Follow these steps to register your exam and quiz test accommodations:
- Fill in the items in this section completely.
- Use the Adtl. Notes section to indicate specify your type of request.
- Zoom Invite for remote testing.
- Seat Request if you are taking this in-person.
- Seat Request/ No Proctor needed If you are just needing a place to take your exam.
- This section should not contain information about schedule conflicts or other items that should be taken care of ahead of time. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for those inquiries/arrangements.
- Click "Add Exam Request" to submit. Your submission is then referred to OATS staff to review the request and approve it.