Student Administrative Assistants (SAAs), under the supervision and direction of the Director of University Housing or the Assistant Director for Greek Housing , are responsible for assisting with a variety of administrative tasks, errands and general labor.
- Willingness to perform widely varied duties with a positive attitude and enthusiasm.
- Willingness to learn minor maintenance tasks (if needed).
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Use a 6-foot ladder
- Ability to read and follow instructions
- Ability to drive a golf cart
- Engage in frequent walking, standing, bending, stretching, and stair climbing
- Contract employment dates: Monday, May 11, 2020 to Sunday, August 23, 2020
Specific duties may include, but may not be limited to:
- Updating room condition reports in all residence halls and Greek houses
- Assisting with furniture deliveries and inventorying items
- Interfacing and communicating with outside vendors. Act as a vendor escort in residence halls and Greek houses when needed
- Assist with fall semester move-in preparations, including final inspection walk through of student rooms and residence halls
- Minor maintenance
- Picking up trash/litter
- Administrative tasks (filing, data entry, making office calls)
- Single Room, in compensation for being on-the-ready for emergencies.*
- $9.75 per hour, in compensation for regular weekly work shifts.
- Average of 37.5 hours per week + emergency response.
*Please note that housing is provided during the duration of the contract. Summer employees, currently living on campus, also receive housing during the Spring semester transition period prior to May 11. Students hired for the summer who are not living in University operated residence hall or Greek House during the Fall 2020 semester, or those living in a leased or privately owned Greek House in Fall 2020, are only provided housing through Tuesday, August 4. From Tuesday, August 4 through the remainder of the summer contract, students not living in University operated residence hall or Greek House during the Fall 2020 semester, or those living in a leased or privately owned Greek House in Fall 2020 are responsible for their own housing arrangements.
Application and Interview Process
To apply for this position, please complete online application, including your resume and cover letter (online app page will go live when applications are being accepted). Within a few days, you will receive a confirmation email from University Housing. The deadline for submitting your application form is February 19, 2020. You may apply for more than one of the four available positions (CSA, SAA, SFA, and SIA) at the same time. Please indicate the position or positions for which you are applying in your cover letter.
This position overview is subject to change between the summer semesters.